7.1.13

August Sweet Praise

Ever, only, all for thee...
I sing and praise so blatantly
knowing in my heart the truth so sweet
How sweetly your truth is to my lips

I could never remain silent
I must proclaim your Love
I must express your Freedom
Why should anyone suffer the absence of you?

The rocks cry tears of longing for you
Yet the feet that stumble upon them know nothing
They walk in blind darkness

Blessed are the feet of those who bring good news

The good news that frees the lonely from heartache
rescues the lost from darkness
the weak from stumbling
the proud from folly
the fools from destruction
the confused from bewilderment

the old from being forgotten

2 comments:

  1. i am reading and really liking this poem, and then I saw the last line...and liked it more. How would you, being young, think to add that phrase, so familiar a fear for those of us older?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking of different kinds of people. Foolish people, proud people, weak people, lost people, lonely people, old people... etc. Jesus came not for the perfect but for the needy. His perfection supplies all our needs...

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete